School of Graduate Studies
The School of Graduate Studies is responsible for management and administration of postgraduate studies in the University. It headed by a Dean and assisted by a School Secretary who is Deputy Registrar.
The School exists to;
- provide strategic planning with respect to the Postgraduate Studies in the University
- coordinate the development and implementation of policies on postgraduate studies
- provide policy options on graduate studies for the consideration of the School Board through the submission of papers and memoranda
- coordinate administrative activities of the School under the leadership of the Dean
- manage the schedule for oral defence, supervise the administrative staff in the Office
- serve as the link between the Graduate School and teaching departments/units in the University
- serve as a point of reference for enquiries about the Graduate School and its programmes
- prepare advertisement for graduate programmes
- coordinate all admission applications and forward same to Departments for selection
- process extension of time, deferment of programmes, and issuance of attestation letters, in addition to covering letters for transcript; facilitate assessment of students’ theses
- receive final theses from Departments for onward submission to the University Librarian.