The KNUST Accra Office, operating under the Registrar’s Offices, exists to perform the following;
- Provide policy options on management and operations of the Accra Office through the submission of papers and memoranda;
- Collaborate to support IDL activities in the southern zone;
- Liaise with Affiliation Office to provide support for affiliation matters in the southern zone;
- Facilitate the processing of University documents relating to clearance of goods from the ports;
- Liaise with Ministries, Departments and Agencies of both government and non-governmental organisations on University business;
- Facilitate the processing of travel documents for principal and other senior officers of the University;
- Facilitate the distribution of letters/documents from the University to their respective destinations;
- Receive official University documents from international/state institutions as well as individuals and ensure their delivery to the appropriate officers;
- Serve as a source of information about the University in Accra;
- Facilitate hotel/guesthouse accommodation for staff of the University;
- Facilitate travel arrangements for staff and their relatives to Kumasi;
- Liaise with University Relations Office to coordinate and maintain University relationship with the Public including the media, in Accra; and,
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor and Registrar or requested for by other senior officers.
The Office is currently headed by Mr. Kingsley Owusu Tabi.