College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources was established under Statute 33 in October 2004, as one of the six Colleges of the University, created under the collegiate system. Its mandate is to train, research and disseminate knowledge in sustainable agriculture, renewable natural resources management and rural development.
The College is made up of two (2) faculties and Research Centres as follows:
Faculty of Agriculture
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness & Extension
- Department of Crop and Soil Science
- Department of Horticulture
Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources
- Department of Agroforestry
- Department of Fisheries and Watershed Management
- Department of Forest Resources Technology
- Department of Silviculture and Forest Management
- Department of Wildlife and Range Management
- Department of Wood Science and Technology
- Bureau for Integrated Rural Development (BIRD)
- KNUST Dairy/Beef Cattle Research Station, Boadi
- Agriculture Research Station, Anwomaso
- International Centre for Innovative Learning (ICIL)
The College offers a variety of programmes for both undergraduate and graduate studies. Programmes are regularly reviewed while new programmes are so structured to ensure ready job market for our graduates. Quality training which blends theory with practicals prepare students to face real world situation and also offer practical solution to problems.
The College is involved in a number of collaborative researches with National and International Institutions and Organizations such as FORIG, MOFA, Forestry Commission, ICRA, and CIDA among others.